I have a slight obsession with good guac. Once I start eating it, it's so hard to stop! The kick of heat and citrus with the flavor and texture of the avocado, all on top of a salted, crunchy chip, is so addicting to me! Here's a recipe I found that has a nice alternative to the chip.
Servings: Approx. 12-14
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Slice the French bread on the diagonal into ½- inch rounds and place on a baking sheet.
3. Toast the sliced bread in the oven for 3 minutes, then flip each piece over and toast an additional 3 minutes.
4. Remove the toasted bread from the oven and immediately rub with the clove of garlic (it works best to first cut a small tip off the garlic clove so that the oils will seep out).
5. Brush the tops of the garlic-rubbed toasts with olive oil and set aside.
6. In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix together gently making sure the avocado is well coated in the lime juice.
7. Spoon a portion of the mixture onto each of the garlic toasts and serve.
[image via Just a Taste]
[recipe via Just a Taste]